Prophecy in today's News
Gleaning Topics of Interest and
Relevance to God's Called and True Saints
Expounding upon the Faith Once
THE IMPORTANCE OF IRAQ
IN BIBLICAL AND SECULAR
The following historical facts regarding Iraq in
history, are very interesting:
- The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
- Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the so-called
"cradle of civilization."
- Noah built the ark in Iraq.
- The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
- Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.
- Isaac's wife, Rebekah, is from Nahor, which is in
- Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
- The Prophet Jonah preached in Nineveh, warning the
people of impending disaster, which is in Iraq.
- Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the
ancient ten tribes of Israel.
- The Prophet Amos cried out in Iraq.
- Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
- The Prophet Daniel was in the lion's den in
- The three Hebrew children were in the fire in
Iraq. Noting that the One Who became Jesus Christ,
had also been in Iraq, as the fourth person in the fiery
- Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing
on the wall" in Iraq.
- Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews
captive into Iraq.
- The Prophet Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
- The wise men from the east were from Iraq.
- The Apostle Peter preached the Gospel to the
"lost 10 tribes of Israel" in Iraq.
- The "empire of Man" described in Revelation
is called "Babylon"; which was a city in
- Iraq is one of seven captor nations mentioned by the
Prophet Isaiah, in his prophecy regarding Israel's
2nd captivity in these end-times. It will be from
those nations, plus from the "coastlands"
(undisclosed in Scripture), out of which Israel will be
miraculously delivered by God. The Biblical name
for Iraq, in that prophecy, is "Shinar"
(Isaiah 11: 11-12).
- There are other names in the Bible, many of course
mentioned in prophecy, ;which refer to Iraq. They
are "Babylon," "Land of Shinar," and
It is interesting to note that this later word means
Between the two rivers," but more specificaly,
between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
- Though the nation of "Israel is mentioned the
most often in the Bible; the second most-mentioned nation
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and
prophecy associated with it, than Iraq.
- The name Iraq, means "Country with deep
roots." Thus Biblically, a very significant
- The region of Iraq is from where the ancient 10
captive nations of Israel commenced their
trans-migrations into Central and Northern Europe; and
from there ultimately unto the North American continent,
South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
One final coincidence of recent occurrence should be
noted: To what significant extent -- if any --
involving Biblical prophecy that eventually may be derived
from the following; God will reveal to His people at the
right time: Since America is typically represented by an
eagle; Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
passages. The following verse is from the Islamic
bible, the Koran (Chapter-9, verse-11).
For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle ... The wrath of the Eagle would be felt
throughout the lands of Allah, and lo, while some of the
people trembled in despair, still more rejoiced; for the
wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
Take careful notice of the above-quoted verse number (
But also realize that Germany (prophetically the
leader-nation of the "King of the North" power --
Daniel 11: 36-45), also is represented by the Eagle.
As the result of a premeditated provocation by the
"King of the South" the "King of the
North" mobilizes their huge "whirlwind"
military strike-force, which may very well result in being
the ones to cause, at least both a short-lived temporary
"cleansing" of the land as well as a temporal
form of "peace" to the Middle East; by completely
destroying the Islamic threat to the world !